It’s Day 10 of All Things Pumpkin. Yesterday we made No Bake Pumpkin Pie Bars.
Today, we are going to make Pumpkin Ice Cream. I prefer this vegan non-dairy version but feel free to use heavy whipping cream, half and half, or whole milk.
Let’s dig in.
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot, dissolved in 3 tablespoons cold water
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon bourbon
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, warm the coconut cream, almond milk, coconut sugar and spices.
- Drizzle in the arrowroot-water mixture, whisking vigorously to avoid lumps.
- Whisk in pumpkin puree and cook, still whisking, for about 3 minutes, until thick and bubbly.
- Pour the mixture into a heat-proof bowl and refrigerator until cold, about 2 hours.
- Stir in bourbon into the cold custard, and pour into ice cream maker.
- Follow the ice cream maker's instructions.
- Move the ice cream into a container to freeze.
Have you ever made pumpkin ice cream? Or do you buy it from the store? If so, what is your favorite brand?