It’s Day 12 of All Things Pumpkin. Yesterday we enjoyed Lisa Consiglio Ryan’s Pumpkin Treat.
Today we are going to make Pumpkin and Potato Gratins with gruyere cheese and sage. This is the perfect accompaniment to roast chicken or turkey. (Thanksgiving is coming!!!)
- 2 1/2 pounds new potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Gruyere cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped sage
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Using a mandoline, slice potatoes very thinly.
- Grease 4 small ramekins or mini cast-iron skillets.
- Layer potatoes in a circular formation.
- Season with a little bit of salt, pepper, and sage.
- Sprinkle about 1 tablespoon of Gruyere and 1/2 tablespoon of Parmesan cheese on top of potatoes. Leave the remaining cheese to sprinkle on top at the end.
- In a small bowl, whisk together half-and-half, pumpkin and cayenne.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the gratins, pouring directly on top of the potatoes and cheese.
- Sprinkle the gratin evenly with remaining cheese.
- Place the ramekins or skillets on a large baking sheet and bake until cooled through, brown and bubbly, about 45 minutes.